Monday, January 11, 2010

Meal Plan for the Week

Ahh, you know me so well. Yes I *am* on another kick. I always seem to have something that I'm raving about...something that I'm "totally doing right now". LOL, and this month it's meal planning for the future. I hope to work myself back up to monthly meal planning, but for now I'm just taking it week by week.

Over the weekend, I had a Homemade Gourmet party. I'm impressed! I love the idea of buying a pantry staple of a seasoning mix (it comes with a tub and a scoop...fun!) and then being able to use it for over a dozen different meals. Talk about multitasking, there are many recipes on their website to help you figure out how to create awesome meals in minutes.

Speaking of, they even sell a 4 Meals in 4 Minutes kit....that was the demo my rep. did at the party. I bought chicken and a roast, she brought the seasonings and recipes. I now have 4 meals in my freezer for this week...but the best part is that each "meal" is really 6 chicken breasts, so for our family I can stretch that into THREE meals. I am so clever! Ha ha ha...

Anyway, we made freezer bags of italian chicken, garlic basil chicken, garlic lemon chicken and grandmother's sunday roast. Cool!

Here's my meal plan for the week:
Sunday (yesterday) : italian chicken
Monday: leftover linquine with clam sauce (thank you Tastefully Simple!)
Tuesday: white chicken chili (using Sunday's leftovers)
Wednesday: grandmother's sunday roast, bbq in the crock pot
Thursday: chicken spaghetti (with more leftover chicken from Sunday)
Friday: leftover bbq roast, probably made into burrito style something-or-another
Saturday: out to dinner (I hope!)

Each meal will be accompanied by a veggie and a salad...we're working on eating more veggies, so trying to eliminate bread and cut down on the pasta. I'm also doing weight watchers, and every single meal will fit nicely within my points plan. I only get 22 per day, so I do have to be careful.

I feel so organized!! Meal planning, Homemade Gourmet and Tastefully Simple all rock!

No comments: